Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bands, clubs, freshers and dead batteries!

Sooo: Haven't really had the time to post this week, I'm in the middle of freshers week ( actually Freshers fortnight nowadays ) doing various gigs at various venues around London.

I think I've seen maybe one good band out of the dozens of Bindis ( read: Bad indie bands ) I've engineered this week. Just another batch of Artic Monkey/Klaxons/American teen Emo band ripoffs to be quite honest.

Where's the originality gone eh?

I'm not gonna go ranting on again about the turning the guitars up too loud on-stage shit, but... it's pissing me off to the point where I'm actually hating any band who brings a Marshall Stack through the door. Never really been a Marshall Stack fan, they're just all noise and no bollocks.

Give me a Mesa Boogie or a Trace Elliot any day of the week.

Actually I'll retract that statement a wee bit: It's not the actual Marshall stack I don't like, it's the sound achieved if it ain't set up properly i.e. Indie kid, gain up full, output up full = Bad fukin noise around 2k-4k (smack bang in the middle of the vocal frequencies your trying to make stand out in a live situation!! )

In layman's terms ( Regarding a small to mid sized venue) : Badly set up Marshall = Nobody hears any vocals, or vocals soooo fukin loud, to compensate for the guitar noise, it actually becomes painful for the audience (And me!)

I ran the club for the first time in months last night as well, the place was so rammed that we were operating a 'one in one out' door policy by 10pm.

I kinda like this coz: A. You can do selective entry ( Sorta like a Studio 54 type affair ) B. Anyone walking past just wants in, so it make the venue look great and C. Everybody buys tickets for the following week which means less cash floating around the place.

I'm going down there tonight for a ( Very rare ) Sat night stint. I'm usually out on the lash Sat night but I'm giving myself a bit of a break at the moment, so therefore I might as well work.

Tomorrow I'm taking Bibi for Sunday dinner, she has an interview for an extremely prestigious advertising ( So she tells me... Personally I think advertising companies are full of wankers being well... Wankers) company Monday morning, so I'm gonna take her out for lunch and make her chill out for the day ahead.

Looking forward to a nice slow Sunday afternoon eating, getting drunk and then sliding further and further down some pub couch as the day wears on... Bliss!

And that's about the size of that really, my car battery is dead today ( getting a new one on Monday) , so it means I have to go to work on the train when I really, really wanna drive and get home quickly after the club.

Expensive little buggers cars, I'm just hoping that it's the battery and not the fukin alternator that's shot?? I haven't changed an alternator in years, should be fun?

Never mind eh...I'll just get pissed after work instead and suffer the cab or night bus ride home.

Human LCD.. just well??

Sex machine, the real story.

Worlds maddest elevators

Totally crap video game endings

Classic

Right, cup of tea then off to work...

Laters




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Changing an alternator. On cars built before about 1995, remove the fanbelt tensioner bolt, remove the bolt on which the alternator pivots, remove and replace.

On cars built after 1995, open bonnet, admire almost-flat span of plastic. Have a look up from underneath. Still can't see it. Read manual. "No user-serviceable parts inside." Ring dealer. Six hundred quid. Buy Haynes manual. It says "Ring dealer" on each page. Charge battery, stick car on eBay..

8:26 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Rotfl. Brilliant!

Although on my car it involves removing the fuel injection system to get to the alternator, but I'm sure I'll be OK?

Just like a big meccano toy thing going on!

12:42 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bindis - ha! Love that, I'm totally stealing that word!

9:31 pm  
Blogger Turtle said...

I have to say, that's one thing (among many) that is missing and unappreciated by the American culture. The Pub. Just something about a pub that a bar just doesn't cover.
There's a spot over in Fort Worth, Ye Olde Bull and Bush, that does a fair job (run by a brit and a regular spot for Brits, Irish, Scots, and misc. Anglophiles) but lacks the comfort of an aged pub.

4:44 am  
Blogger doktored said...

trace elliot? bit souless aren't they though.

Musicman with a bit of drive on it please.

2:59 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Fair enough

3:07 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yeah turtle Gotta love the English pub mate

3:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home