Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Stoopid kids!!

Ok, Ok, Ok, enough already.. I keep reading this bullshit story all over the net about kids backward engineering a high frequency kid repellant noise (to stop 'em hanging out in front of shops and shit) , into a mobile phone ringtone that lets a mobile phone ring in a school classroom without teacher hearing (coz your hearing range drops off after about 25yrs of age) ??

Right, this story is pure bullshit and here's why:

Pull the other one kiddies 101:

This frequency is said to output at around 16-20khz...Ok!

A mobile phone speaker goes absolutely nowhere near as high as this (unless of course it's a batphone..)

Get it bat-phone, ha ha haaa!!

For bats!!

Although the origional recording does exist here

And a quick analasis (even though I can't hear it) says it's the real deal too (note the 14-18.5khz peaks) :

If I transfer it too my mobby phone (high end nokia job), play it as a ringtone and re-record it through a high end ultra sensitive mic (knocking out the background noise floor), I get

This:

Which...reads absolutely fuck all!!

And that's it...Bullshit story!

Complete made up kiddy pulling the wool over technolame teachers eyes bullshit!!

Thus endeth the lesson..

I rest my case

And make a self satisfying cup of tea!!

Right, it's way late and I have tunes to mix tomorrow sooo,

Drink my tea and time for bed

Disect your Furby!!

Laters

8 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Very nice. Good analysis, although it's actually a recording of me breaking wind.

2:10 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

That would be some squeeky fart going on, right there!

4:15 pm  
Blogger headphonesex said...

If you reverse the frequency it makes you shit yourself.

Fact.

10:15 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I'm sure you can actually do that with around 80-30hz, but it would take an amp the size of a fukin house to oscillate the signal!!

In fact, I'm would even go as far as to say it's possible to disrupt intra-molecular bonding if you have the right gear and the right frequency.. Now that would be kinda cool eh!

Ha!!

Microwave guns, kerblap!!

Actually on second thoughts..

Maybe not?

11:01 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

(Boys.)

3:20 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Gwirls!!

Oh, isn't it Thursday?

3:42 am  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

come on sexy get blogging !

10:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it works on my RAZR... my friends and I (early 20s) can all hear it on our RAZRs.

So maybe it's your phone, or microphone.

As to whether folks over a certain age CAN'T hear it, well obviously there is a great deal of variance from person to person.

1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home