Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The mini-gig and the scrabbled brain drain

Soo, Sat nights gig was a mad one. My mate JR had laid on a sort of mini-gig for all his close friends at this teeny tiny bar in Kingston. The band took up probably half the fukin room. I had been brought in to engineer the band, but to be honest there was actually nothing to do coz there was no real mixing desk and the PA system was tiny, so I put the four vocals through a little desk we had brought and into the PA and that was that really. I just sat at the back and sorta chilled out all night. Really nice gig actually, very cozy, the band played a great set, but it was also very fukin loud!! It reminded me of the Cavern gigs in Liverpool, but smaller..

Ok, soo I left the gig at around 11.30 and me and my mate A went of to this party in Chiswick, we arrived at about 1am after walking for what seemed like miles from A's house where we had stopped off for supplies. Mad little party, by the time we arrived everybody ( I kid you not!) was off their tits on pills. Much gibberish was being talked by all!!
So of course we just had to join in the fun. So after about an hour, and a gramme of coke and half a gramme of MDMA later, I found myself in much the same predicament, in fact I was finding it difficult to see straight or talk with any real meaning. The girls at the party weren't really saying much, and the conversation was a bit flat (or a bit zig zaggy depending on how high you were), so I kinda got myself into a game of off-your-nut, no fukin rules scrabble, in the kitchen with a couple of birds..

As you can see by the board, it was everyman (or girl) for themselves, don't mind a game of scrabble if you play properly, but, this one just disolved into carnage? Nevermind!

We left the party at about five, and I just came home by myself. I must admit, when I got in the house I was still completely off my tits, so I just whacked on my headphones, plugged in the old Telecaster and had a jam for a couple of hours. I woke up this afternoon in bed, with my fukin guitar? I've kinda got an imprint of the strings down my back...Ouch!!

Ok , I'm gonna attempt, I guess, to cook some food and try and make sense of my own head.


Benny scale of fuckedness = a shit load!!

Oooof, I'm never drinking again... Yeah right!!

Oh dear...

Right, headache tablets, food, film, sleep!

I could do with a shag though...

Laters potato's...

3 Comments:

Blogger london cokehead said...

No, I don't really know their music, but I will soon cheers.

12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sexy

12:31 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Well ya know HG

lol

1:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home