Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thom Yorke-The Eraser

The stained glass window in my house that I get stoned and stare at, a lot!

For the Dark revolving Thom heads.

"People get crushed like biscuit crumbs, down in the bitchamin," Really Thom?

Ok sooo, I finally after managed to bash my way through the music industry like a gnat stuck in Hampton Court maze and get hold of a copy of Thom Yorke's ' The Eraser'

Though I did notice it was leaked on the internet this morning...Hmm!

It's dark, dark as fuck...But that's what I like!

It's kinda what Thom does best, uber-electronic stripped bare fucked up rhythms (as in Revolving doors and some of the sparser bits of COMLAG) , strange darkness to light musical transitions, "what the fuck's he mean by that?" vocals and weird off the wall guitar and synth playing.

I spy a few NIN influences chucked in as well!! eg check the similarities between NIN 'Right Where it belongs' and Thom's 'Analyse' ...Uncanny!

I kinda miss Johnny's guitar playing and strings and Phil's live drumming, but this ain't a Radiohead Album, it's a solo (not supposed to use that word, but it is what it is ) album so that's expected.

And...the dark Nigel Godrich production is superb although sometimes I find his vocal production a little too dry for my tastes, but there again, I don't produce Radiohead so what the fuck would I know!!

I guess this album will be banged to shit on my ipod forever more.

Poor Ipod, if I can't think of anything to listen too, the Radiohead playlist goes on automatically and that's like 90% of the time..

I would kill to remix some of this stuff. Oh well, one day eh?

Sooo, full track listing:
  1. "The Eraser"
  2. "Analyse"
  3. "The Clock"
  4. "Black Swan"
  5. "Skip Divided"
  6. "Atoms for Peace"
  7. "And It Rained All Night"
  8. "Harrowdown Hill"
  9. "Cymbal Rush"
Soo, dark, scary, moody, sinister Genius from a guy who sings like an angel and who's voice I never tire of listening too..

We luv ya Thom!

If your not a Radiohead fan you'd fukin hate it.

I on the other hand, fukin luv it!

Right I had bettter get back to mixing after my 2 (actually more like 3) hour listening and writing break (Oooops!!)

Laters..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just tracked down "The Eraser" myself and just as good as i hoped (knew?) it would be. My ipod has a definite Radiohead bias as well, only rivalled by The Flaming Lips. Loving the blog

10:03 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Thanks mate!

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home