Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 31, 2006

365 days later.

It's official, this Blog is 1yrs old today..


Yep, that was a year in my Life in living colour . It seems like ages since I started writing this blog and I must admit looking back it's been one hell of a year..

Have I learned anything by actually doing this? Well I guess I've learned that if you write your shit down, your less likely to spurt out stuff you didn't want to say in public. Also getting it all off my chest and onto theses pages makes dealing with stuff in the 'real world' just a little bit easier.. If you write it down and it rears up in a conversation, you have enough ammunition to fight your corner and then some.

Oh, and I've also discovered the almost narcissistic blogging condition of becoming a complete "Statwhore" (if you don't know don't fukin ask!!)

But all in all, it makes me feel better and that's gotta count for something..

Sooo, what's new? Got a nice phone call this morning. I've been doing production for this indie record label for a couple years now. A lot of it has been for free (sometimes it's best to work that way as it can pay big time in the long term), we all kinda scratch each others backs, I do this, they do that etc. etc. etc. I also put a couple of my own acts through the label. This label has just landed a new distribution deal and is slowly building itself into a very cool uber-underground label. Most of the product is still released on vinyl (Vinyl you say? What the fuck is that?) for all the club DJ's who refuse to give this format up, good for them I say but it's also a bit of a logistical nightmare format to be honest. So yeah, to cut a long story... I get a call from the label this morning, they've had a staff meeting and have come to the decision that coz I do a lot of the production work and stuffs gonna shift up a gear " We've decided to cut you a percentage of the label" Soo, all good, all very good indeedy..

I part-own a record label... Cool!!

I kinda needed something like that to happen, it sorta maps out were your life's going next, plus it's a huge motivator to stack some time into the label and you kinda grow as it grows..

How much time, I don't know... I'm a bit busy at the mo, so we'll just have to see.

And..It's about time too. As you probably know, every household in the UK by law has to purchase a TV licence so the BBC can give us ad-free TV. This would be kinda acceptable if ( apart from the world class news ) it actually dropped in some decent content now and again.
Basically were all paying for a bunch of arrogant, fat arsed, clueless, middle-class twats to keep them and their little back-garden shed hobby alive..It's the law, so we have to do it (seemingly!!).

Anyway so what's the point of all this Mr Cokehead? Well, because I've done quite a bit of work for the BBC over the years and I know first-hand how much money they flitter and basically flush down the toilet ( BBC Christmas department parties seriously take the piss with our money), I decided to sit down and work out just how fukin much they do get. When you do the maths (sic) you realise it's a fukin joke for what is basically (let's get this in perspective now) a company for making light entertainment programmes.

Ok so here we go ( this is just for England and not the whole of the UK )

The Londoncokehead BBC budget analysis for 2006 101:

Ok, sooo 21million households in England x £131.50/head = (get this, it's a corker!!)

£2,761,500,000/year ???

That's nearly 3 billion (American billion) fukin quid?

And I'm sure if you rake in the additional revenue it goes way past that figure.

That's like 7.5 million pounds a fukin day...for 95% bollocks content...

As you Americans like to say: Go fukin figure!!

That's more than an awfull lot of small countries GDP..

Erhem!!

Soo can you ( the BBC ) stop putting shit on our TV's and give us more programmes like Planet Earth , it's not like your not ( I know...leave it !!) already being fukin paid through the nose for them ( And I mean that literally coz there's an awfull lot of cokeheads work for the BBC, I've been to your parties Auntie Beeb, talk about half of Columbia being left on the back seat of the toilet! ) You could always take a leaf out of the American book on how to make good TV, coz their shit rules compared to our rubbish drama progs..

So yeah...

Blagh!!

I rest my case..

And I thought It was me that had sleep problems.

Right, stuff to do.

Laters.

14 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Happy Blogday to you etc etc...

I dispute your figures.

97% bollocks is the correct assessment. Was 98% 'til they got Match of the Day back.

2:33 pm  
Blogger Ang said...

Congrats on the one year! Seems as tho you have been around longer tho. :)

3:59 pm  
Blogger Turtle said...

Gratz on the anniversary, and double so on the record label!

I remember BBC tv (back when it was just 4 channels). Sorry to see it hasn't got much better.

Dr. Who still kicks ass though!

4:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, happy birthday! I found you during a bout of insomnia, and we have six or seven degrees of seperation.

I read the story about the poor bugger who gets up and cooks in his sleep - frys chips, no less! Yikes!

true story:
...one night in Minstead, huddled down with an illegal 12 inch tv on. One person on lookout duty, checking for the white van. What a special Christmas that was.

...television producers? they could be joining those record company execs at the I Used to Have a Career seminar.

Raise a glass,
Tchin tchin, down the hatch!

8:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations... you getting old dude.

Okay, that 55 year old sleep waling guy is wierd, seriously, Omlettes?? WTF.

10:32 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

You sound cheery again.

Happy Anniversary, darlin'!

10:38 pm  
Blogger Cind said...

Belated happy blogday... hope you have many more.
Nice one on the record label too.

9:19 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Thanks all..

4:31 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

bon anniversaire mon ami
x

3:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out our stuff...

9:03 pm  
Blogger velvetbabe said...

if i ever make a film?

i know who can do the music, LC.

huh mate?

xxoo!
(your writer friend, from...
w/hollywood connex)

(documentaries re planet earth?)

oi!

11:32 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

Yummy chocolate muffin, keep at it and well done you for keeping it going.Dont stop as this is the truth, no reason but yours is the only other blog i read and have ever done so.

12:13 am  
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Yeah, you guys should be sending all that BBC money to us here in Hollywood. We promise we'll blow up a whole bunch of crap with it!

By the way, the BBC is responsible for "The Office" (the American version pales in comparison), "Absolutely Fabulous", and part-produced "Rome" with HBO. So yeah, maybe 96% bollocks.

4:06 am  
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Oh and also, happy blogbirthday brutha!

4:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home