Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Roll out the big rigs

Random deserted tube pic of the day (don't ask, I was pissed when I took it!!)


I'm having a bit of a lazy one this week. I'm off to the venue a bit later on to do a bit of light reprogramming but apart from that I'm just chillin coz I feel a little burnt out at the mo to tell you the truth.

Next week is all go again though with a couple of band nights, a couple of days in the studio (one at my place and one at my mate B's studio) and the club, so all fun I'm sure..

The sun is actually shining on good ole Londontown this morning so I think I'll take myself for a walk and gradually make my way to the venue.. We're still trying to get the budgets sorted for our new sound system, but I'm expecting it be installed towards the start of the summer (by me of course) although I may have to get a professional rigging team to fly the cabs from the roof coz as much as I luv being in control of everything, I'm not gonna risk death from a couple of 150kg speakers coming down on my head... Thanks!!

I'm looking forward to the club in the summer as this year we've decided to manage and promote it all in-house after last years disastrous promoter who basically ran off with all the fukin money, but not this year.. Nope , this year we all get a piece of the pie. You never now, I may even get around to taking a fukin holiday, it's been like five years now and the thought of sitting by a pool drinking beer and doing nothing is becoming more and more appealing.. Gotta get rid of this studio tan you know!!

My mate S is organising this big summer festival and has asked me to take care of the FOH engineering duties for the bands which should be a laugh, gawd knows how many bands we're talking about but I'm a trooper and I love a challenge so I'm definitely up for that one..

That's kinda mad, as I'm writing about it, he's just called me to confirm!! Sooo 15th and 16th of July yours truly gets to manage a full fukin festival main stage.. That's gonna be such a laugh.. Yeh, I rule !!

That's fukin cheered me up...

Funny as, I was watching The E-ring last night (S1E12) , an American TV show about the Pentagon and Special Ops and I just had to laugh when it came to it's very own interpretation of good old 'Downtown' London Englandland (sic). For such a highly factual programme, the filmmakers were so far off the money that it just wasn't right!!

Ok sooo, the scene starts with two Skinhead in Stonewashed Jeans, Fred Perries, braces and Doc Martins (1970's anyone) pouncing on a British Asian businessman in the Square Mile and shouting stuff like " What's in the Briefcase Paki ?". Ok, a British Bobby then appears in authentic 1960's get-up, see's the crime and (get this), proceeds to pull out a tin whistle and blow for help (Jack the ripper stylee). I mean come on, for fuck's sake, all you needed was a bit of a Pea-souper, a horse and cart and a couple of chestnut vendors to complete the fukin scene? Laugh, I nearly fell of the fukin chair.. That's some fucked up vision of London you lot over there have?? Oh and while I'm on it, MI6 ( quoted in the next scene and in the last series of 24 ) is never actually used in a military sense and it hasn't been for fukin years, it's just Journo speak... It's actually called SIS , but now I'm just being petty!!

Sing along now, septics as well if you know the words (cue the Honkeytonk piano) ... Roooolllll out the Barrrellll, we'll have a barrel 'o' fun !!!

Ok, I'm off out for a walk and to enjoy the sun..

Laters.

10 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

I'm sure we deserve that honkytonk jab after all that.

8:30 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yeah, sorry it just had to be done!!

8:42 pm  
Blogger pop renaissance said...

we'll fly over in our private jet and rock that festival. then we'll fly you back with us to california and we'll get loaded on the beach. sound like a plan?

9:31 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

It does sound like a plan indeed, but I think all the bands are already booked and it's really not my call unfortunately mate!!

9:45 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

it's fucking nice to see some sunshine I tell ya.

shame it's been so fucking cold though.

but the sun automatically makes me happy.

you *should* go on holiday... when you're on your deathbed I guarantee you won't be saying,
"I wish I'd really worked more."

peace and love

doom

10:11 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

True, true!!

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol.. thats halarious. And it's supposed to be a reputable and good show to... really, not just cos the guy is a hottie.

Wait u mean the Gulifest right?? That will be fuckin awesome. Take shit loads pics to share. :)

x

1:53 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

It's a really good show, shame really to ruin it on something as blatantly stupid?

2:13 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

And no, not the Gulifest...

2:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me which one, I promise not to stalk u.. lol, I'm only going to one this year. The Obvious one.

I use a 'messed with' version of the Squible wordpress theme and the 'comments' thing seems to be exclusive to it, I just did a quick search and I'm not sure if it's built for blogger... But if you are good at your coding I'm sure its not impossible to fix.
But you can join the forum: http://www.thoughtmechanics.com/vanilla/
Chat wit the guys who created it directly, and I'm sure they will tell you a way.

Or u could leave blogger. lol.

good luck.

2:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home