Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 10, 2006

Souwf Lundun innit .. Eye eye !!


Ok , sooo . It was a really bright winters day yesterday and I knew the sun was going to set at approx 4:50 pm , so I decided to get the train an hour earlier on my way to work and go down by the Southbank and take some picture of the London Eye .. I got there a little late after sitting outside of Waterloo station on the fukin train for 30 mins ( bastard trains ) , but I managed to get these photos ... Shame the camera has automatic exposure compensation stuff , but I think that I did ok considering the limitations..






I used to be bang into photography whan I was a kid .. But couldn't afford to buy the endless rolls of film it would take to get a good shot , but now we are in the digital age and Little Mistress bought me a digi camera for christmas , I'm kinda getting back into it .. Soo , next plan of action .. buy a really good digital SLR and start where I left off all those years ago ..

Ok , last night was a bit pants and It really seemed to just go on and on and on and on ... and on ..

Nothing in the way of talent to write home about , but there again I'm not a big fan of British R&B .. We just don't really cut it compared to the Americans , and I can't stand that South London accent that all British R&B rappers tend to use .. Souwf Lundun peoples 'avin it ... Not in my book you'se ain't ?

It's all a bit bling innit larve ... Yey mannn !!!

I digress ..

The DJ kept re-equing the decks from his little £100 mixer but he was doing this while DJing from behind the speaker stacks and he kept turning the bass off completely so it all sounded shit , so I'm like : " Mate , leave the fukin eq's flat will ya for fucks sake , I've got a £25,000 mixing desk to do the sound from the FOH and you've trying to do it with some poxy little pony mixer " ... So he's like " Yeah mann ok " But as soon as I would get back to the desk , He'd fukin do it again , twat !! and because every R&B act had their backing track played by the DJ , he made the whole night sound shit !!

The little R&B girlies kept comming up to me and their like " Put some bass on it , innit , It's got no bass and fing !! " .. So I'm like : " Tell your little DJ mate , he's the one stripping it all off luv !! "

In the end , I just thought " Fuck it " and gave in ..

Apart from that , it was a fairly ordinary night and to be honest I was bored to tears ..

There really is only so much one can take from these self-centred little pap-rappers ( I've got a gun and the tongue and I'll blow you away , coz I'm the man ... Me me me me me !! )

'Av a word with your fine selves ... Please , it's dull ..

They had a late licence , so it dragged on and on and I was just glad to shut the rig off and go home in the end ..

So .. R&B , not for me ... Thanks !!!

Right , I'm hungry so I'm taking myself out for lunch ..

The club tonight , joy of joys ..

Bye ...

12 Comments:

Blogger pop renaissance said...

lead guitarists and house dj's - always need to be louder and know fuck all about eq's.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

What PR said.

(?)

10:29 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

Got any spare house music demos knocking around ? i bet your music collection is worth a squirt !

9:50 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Don't do house music Roxy , so no not really ..

11:58 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yep PR , DJ's and guitarists know best , thing is they don't realise that if the just turned the fuck down , it would all sound much much better ...

12:29 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

R+B and GRIME and URBAN South London....


I'm from the heart of south london but these people BORE me.

They all want music videos like they see on MTV but they have ZERO FUCKING MONEY.

Which is pathetic.

12:41 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yep , totally agree !!

1:17 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

Dosent have to be house i just thought for some reason you got involved with different DJs. what type of music are you involved with. And why R&B and not house ? Tell me !!!! He He you would be surprised if you saw my collection ! i think for a bird its top banana and im not to bad on the decks.

1:34 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

Yup champayne lifestyle lucozade pocket !!

1:35 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

No I'm involved in more Breaks and Hip hop than house music ..

1:52 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

wow your jobs nearly as good as mine LOL, actually i dont think i could choose one over the other sex and music rock.Going back to hip hop, last year when i partyed in Manhatten i went to a club called the Belmont lounge that had an open mic night that was pure hip hop. Another club we found was called Lotus fuckin awsome where can you believe i met McCauley Culkin. Watch my blog for the rest of the story !

2:25 pm  
Blogger A said...

McCauley Culkin at Lotus?!?

Dude, I'm on pins and needles up in this joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home