Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Raising the rafters ...




JR's band kicked ass last night , for a first gig I recon they fukin nailed it , a couple of mistakes , but otherwise , all good .. All good indeedy ..

Funny , there where a few tourists in the venue and I think the bands lyrics kinda scared the shit out of them ... Ha !!!

I'm so glad that I did the sound for them as the band who came on after sounded toss and I don't think it was the bands fault at all ... Shame !!!

Funny mix position , up in the club rafters , so bass trap central and I had to keep running up and down the stairs to check the main floor sound levels , a real pain in the fukin arse ??

Note to all live venue architects : There seems to be more and more live venues being designed split level nowadays , fukin stop it ? If you put the mixing desk up in the rafters , yeah you can cram more people in , but , what's the fukin point of that if the engineer can't hear the fukin bands properly. I absolutely hate having to anti-mix the sound , in other words I have to approximate what it will sound like downstairs and the counter that upstairs .. IT FUKIN SUCKS !!! Stupid doughnuts !!! It's bad design ... Stop fukin doing it. You wouldn't design a house with the taps upstairs and the bath downstairs so you had to keep runnning up and down the stairs to check if the tub was full enough or hot enough would you , eh ?? So why the fuck do it in a live venue .. It's just plain stupid !!!


Oh , and check this out for a back stage area .. Cool as you like .




So , yeah ... All in all a great gig plus I think there was some industry and press there to see the other bands , so I'm expecting some good feedback ..

Sooo , well done JR .. We've toured the world in other bands , but this time it's your baby mate , so change the nappies ( diapers ) slap some talc on and lets go kick some ass ..

Right , I'm out the door as I have another band night to do ....

It never stops ..

Laters ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

What's up with the zero comments?

I know you are getting traffic.

12:36 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Don't know , not really that bothered to be honest mate..

This is for me really ..

But thanks for the concern ...

1:24 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

And , yeah .. I get a shit load of traffic ..

1:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home