Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New toys for 2006

Ok , Today I'm excited , I'm taking delivery of a new audio interface for the home studio ..

One of these Focurite Saffire thingy's I wasn't getting the audio quality I'm after with the old interface so I'm afraid it had to be retired and replaced with a shiny shiny new one , the reviews are amazing so I guess it's gotta be this one ... Woohoo !!

And I got myself a Fender Telecaster in Powder blue , it plays like a dream but I played it so much yesterday that my fingers are hurting ...

Also the BBC are championing what they think is the sound of 2006; see for yourselves

One of the bands : Clap your hands and say yeah ..... Errr no fukin thanks , this to me sounds like your listening to a Smiths song just before the tape gets chewed in the fukin cassette player , Ya know just as it's starting to go all weeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy !!

If this is the sound of 2006 , I'll get my coat thanks ?

Full BBC list to be announced on Friday... Should be good for a laugh..

Give me a job at the BBC , I'll tell ya exactly what's going down with new bands; and it's quite a bit different than your opinion Auntie Beeb ?

And ( don't start with the And shit please !! ) Come off it Pete , In retrospect , I think your deafness may just have been caused by this lot and not your studio headphones mate ???


Picture Fig 1 : Stage left P.A. stacks Charlton 1974 ..

What were you trying to do, sink a fukin battleship ?

That's not a P.A. it's a weapon of mass destruction ... By the way this P.A's output ( according to an unofficial source , my mate B ) was measured at 120db at 40 meters , Errr that's like fukin ridiculous !!

And finally , note to the British Police : Leave Kate the fuck alone , she hasn't done anything wrong apart from snort a few lines " Ooooo is that illegal or something " , do something useful like arrest some crack dealers or street muggers. If I can sit in a cafe on Portobello Rd and watch them operate , surely you can .. Or is that too much like hard work nowadays for you all ??

Please Mr and Mrs Plod, can you please stop sending me emails like this one :

hey man, i can sell u pure cocaine direct from south america, 5 grams max,
iam looking to sell online to a small group of comsumers, spread the word, i snail mail in discret package.

PEACE.
LS

I'm not stupid thanks ...

Right , I feel the need for a bacon sandwich coming on .

Bye .

13 Comments:

Blogger headphonesex said...

I thought Pete Townsend fucked his hearing when Keith Moon packed his drums with explosives & blew them up on stage on a TV show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Moon

An inspiration to us all.

I know what you mean about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! They're not bad, but nothing special to my ears. One song - 'the skin of my yellow country teeth' is pretty good. But otherwise bleh. I'm going to see them live in a coupla months though so we'll see then I suppose. It'll be interesting to see what they choose as #1 tomorrow...

12:34 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Definitely , yeah , I love that Keith Moon pyrotechniques story , it still makes me laugh ..

Mad fucker ..

12:58 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I was reading about your guitar and noticed it "was given the Relic treatment."

Today, I feel like I was given the Relic treatment.

11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha haha I once got a similar email... I almost, but did not fall for it!! lol...

Totally agree, they should let KATE BE.. its not like they don't all do it... retards.

11:58 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

hey - London Cokehead - I sell cocaine out of Catford - in little wraps of newpaper (often the daily mail) I do it right outside of the townhall by the 185 bus stop.

I do it discreetly - I'll be wearing a purple and yellow adidas tracksuit.

Don't worry the CCTV camera is broken.

And it's been declassified anyway by the local police - they are too busy fighting people smuggling and busting extortion rings.

So it's totally risk free and quite legal and safe. You have nothing to worry about.

Trust me.

Doom
x

ps. Any word on that house tune?

12:44 am  
Blogger jeckles said...

Congrats...

You are the Featured Shitty Blog of the Week on Shitty Blog Radio.

Your family will bear the shame for generations to come.

3:20 am  
Blogger mcdolph said...

yeah man, clap your hands and say yeah are doin the rounds of the hipsters up here but...blehhhhhh...what's it all about, eh?

3:52 am  
Blogger mcdolph said...

yeah man, clap your hands and say yeah are doin the rounds of the hipsters up here but...blehhhhhh...what's it all about, eh?

3:52 am  
Blogger mcdolph said...

yeah man, clap your hands and say yeah are doin' the rounds of the hipsters up here but...blehhhhhh...what's it all about, eh?

3:52 am  
Blogger mcdolph said...

hey, lookit that! i'm so arseholled i posted three times cos i thought the fucker hadn't worked....makes me ahppy

3:54 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Shitty blog of the week ... Hoorah !!

7:01 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Doom , I'll have twelve please ..

House guy gone AWOL mate ...

7:35 am  
Blogger ty bluesmith said...

fuck dude. that ploy is fucking retarded.

5:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home