Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Building bridges

Ok , So ... Welcome to 2006 people .

I'm really glad the silly season is out of the bloody way to be honest. New Years Eve was ok I suppose although it's always a bit of a let down , just went round the pubs and got munted really , 1st bar was ok , 2nd bar was shit and the third where we arrived at about 2.30 was absolutely kicking , you know people dancing on the tables and everybody completely off their faces and falling over and stuff , all good. The strike didn't really seem affect anyone , we all just did what we had to do and got on with it .. Soo , conclusion ; New Years , expensive , bit of a laugh but nothing to write home about really , nuff said !!

So this week I'm gonna tie up a few loose ends , buy a new guitar and start doing this remix that was supposed to be done last year ( we just didn't have the time really ) ...

So , what else was accomplished , Oh yeah , I ended a family feud that's been going on for about 6 years since my parents died , yep , I actually picked up the phone and made that call ( coz no fuker else would've done it ?? ) . I was way suprised with the results and got a much better reception than I was anticipating . I guess time is a great healer eh !

Stupid feud really , all over bloody religion , the family are Catholics ( or were , I think the're into some born again shit nowadays ? ) So , my family are/were Catholics and my parents were both Humanists so as executer of the Will I was the one who had to announce that my Mother wasn't getting a Catholic funeral after all ( it wasn't what she wanted )..

" But ... But she converted on her death bed so she did " , they said !!

Yeah right ... Fuck off she did !!

Oh bugger !!

Many bridges were burnt , fuses ignited and heads rolled over that one I can tell ya , she got what she wanted , But fuck did I suffer , it was the start of my three year tumble into drugs hell !! Not pleasant , not pleasant at all .. Bloody families , you can't pick em can you .

So anyway , a couple of nights ago I made the call and it seems to have worked out ok for the moment , we'll give em all a little time to think it through tho ?

Oooof , that was a little morbid for the first post of the year wasn't it ?

I'm gonna blog a couple of stories this week if I have the time , coz I aint done it for ages and it really is about that time again .. So watch this space ..

Oh and I'm also about to start the annual Jan detox ... That means , no drink and no drugs till probably mid Feb , although it is my birthday towards the end of the month so we'll see ..

Last year was funny ( well not really ) , I lasted till mid Feb and then for some reason just went on this bender like the world was about to end , totally fukin stupid really and I can safely say that I have never in my life had as bad a hangover as was suffered after that shit , I didn't get out of bed for a day and a half , I couldn't !!!

Ok , I need some comfort food so I'm gonna make a sausage casserole al la me and stuff my face with it ...

Cheers

Bye .

4 Comments:

Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Good luck with the detox.

I am giving up meat for a month - not quite giving up the rock and roll lifestyle like yourself - but it's my own small effort...

peace and love baby

doom
x

10:49 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Meat ? , I'm not giving up the lifestyle , just the drugs and the booze ..

10:53 pm  
Blogger Classybird said...

Happy New Year doll!

I'm not giving up anything, but I have decided to cut down on red wine and clothes shopping.

2:07 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

yeah - like a tree hugger I have gone veggie for 1 month.

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home