Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, December 29, 2005

New Years cheer ?

Ok soo , today I'm going to have a rant ( Oh no , here we go again ? ) about the esculating cost of trying celebrating New Years Eve in London , it's becoming a joke people it really fukin is !!

So , Me and Little Mistress or Little Mistress and I want to go and see some friends at three different bars in central London . Ok , " So fuck " I hear you say ( well actually I don't hear you but that's another story ) , anyway , ever since New Years 2000 there has become this stupid tradition of charging through the nose to enter bars that you probably visit every other fukin day ? , so I'm talking like £20 a bar... which is not a lot till you consider going to three and there are two people in the mix , that's £ 120 ( $210 US ) just on entry fees alone .. Ok , so on top of this you've got this bloody outrageous fukin Tube strike on the cards , so Me and Little Mistress will have to get backwards and forwards in Taxi cabs ( double fares in London at New Year remember ) . We're gonna travel in from Richmond which is usually a £30 cab fare so double that £60 and times 2 for the return journey £120 plus the journey between bars ( usually about £5 but double that £10 ) so , you have £120 + £20 + a cab journey to an after party ( usually another £10 times 2 for the price hike ) so £120 + £20 + £20 = £160 ( $280 US ) + £120 for entrance fees = £280 ( $480US ) , and that's before a drink ever hits my lips and on top of that there's dinner and drugs to be paid for .. Fuck me , that's fukin ridiculous; I could fly to New York and still have change ... Talk about rip-off Britain !!

Sorry for the miscalculations before , seemingly I can't add up today ?

So you kinda get the picture about New Years Eve in London , I'd stay in but I don't fukin want to , I can stay in any night of the week , it's dull !!

So , thanks to the RMT for causing an expensive headache in the Transport department and to London Bar owners for jacking up the prices , oh yeah and before I forget , they'll virtually double the price of drinks as well just to throw another spanner in the works; thay say " Oh but I need to cover the extra cost of staff " , I say " Fuck off you greedy twats " , I saw the takings in the club last year and the profit margins were through the roof . I was working last year , never again , the club can fukin run itself this year , I'm going nowhere near that or any other night club; I'm really not into standing 12 deep at a bar and waiting 40 mins to get a bloody triple priced fukin drink thank you very much and as far as working goes , I've been working all year and I want to go out , call me selfish , whatever !! I'm not even answering the phone at the moment coz I know I'll just get roped in: I don't need to work and therefore I'm not going to fukin work , also, I'm going nowhere near any live music event because the last time I did that I got roped into the engineering as well ?

So yeah , New Years Eve in London. Hopefully we'll have a good old booze up with some mates who are right up for it .. So the fun will easily outway the cost , which is just as well really coz the cost fukin sucks !!

Right , I'm going to buy some food so that I can cook tonight; Thai green curry a la me I think , I've kinda had enough of British food for a while ..

Listening to : Radiohead ... I'm always listening to fukin Radiohead , please! please! please! can we have a new Radiohead album next year Thom mate , it really is about time kidda !! ( or Kid A ... )

Ok , food .

Bye.

11 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

1)Eat before you leave. Have little miss over for a nice early dinner, just the two of you before you hit the crowds.

2)Your mates will still be there next year. That's an awful chunk to drop in one night in just door charges and cab fare. I'd say pick one club that you know is good for the night where you're known as a patron and settle in.

Just a suggestion.

4:01 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I'd love to but unfortunately the tickets have been bought and I really can't stay in the same spot coz some of the pubs are good before 12 and some after ?

5:17 pm  
Blogger Turtle said...

Guess it's fortunate that your past business paid you a little windfall recently then, eh? This should be a New Year to remember. Best of luck and happy new year.

5:34 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yep , won't last long in this city and once I've upgraded the home studio I can tell ya !!

5:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about the exact same thing!
Can't get my friend to drive as that will be telling her not to drink on NYE. I hate the stupid tube people, and by the way.. there is a surcharge apparently of £60 for most taxi's ... no matter where u are going!!

7:39 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

" there is a surcharge apparently of £60 for most taxi's ".... Errr , do what ..

I might as well hire a fukin private driver , it'll be cheaper !!

8:02 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

Im loving your blog, i have tried to add it to my site but im too thick or twatted to suss it out. I love the cost of your weekend timer so much any chance of helping me get one (honour amongst fellow canners !)

10:25 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

The cost of my weekend thing is a moded cost of the war in Iraq .. Can't remember where I got and I've deleted the code bit that tells me where !!

10:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go out in a group... that will help cut taxi cuts... and unless its a direct journey, will u really want to be on the tube with smelly drunk party people in the wee hours of sunday morning? They might rob u... and u'll loose the money anyway! lol

3:18 am  
Blogger Jem said...

Shame abt the purchased tickets, mate. Thought you could get all the grub and spirits at a venue with all your mates at someone's crib? Then you guys can go around after fillin up on both food and drinks.

But yeah, celebrations are livelier outside. Just a thought. Happy new year, Cokehead!

7:30 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yep , If id known this before , I think that we would have hired a local bar or something , nevermind !!

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home