Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Models and band egos .

Sooo .. Yeah , Wednesday .. Halfway through the week or is it Thursday , Oh yeah it's Thursday .

Ummm , so last night , yep , models and bands . Pretty cool , got to watch some top models doing the catwalk thing whilst engineering a couple of half decent rock bands . I didn't engineer the headlining band , they had brought their own guy , he looked about sixteen and pretty much fucked the whole thing up , no bass , couldn't hear the guitar , wrong frequencies boosted on the keyboards , that sort of thing , Oh dear !!

My mate J comes up to me halfway through the gig and says , " Go on mate , help him out "

Me " Nope , there's nothing worse J , than being told your fuking it up by another engineer , he can learn the same way the rest if us live engineers did , by getting it wrong "

J " Fair enough I suppose "

Me " Yep tough titty mate , he'll learn though ! " .

Nice kid though , totally out of his depth , but I wish I'd had that sort of gig and equipment to learn on when I was a young whippersnapper .

So what's tonight . oh yeah , more bands , Ummm . In the run up to Christmas I swear it just doesn't stop and then as you get into the silly season it just all goes completely tits up . Not complaining though , all work is good work in the music biz .

I think it's one of those talent comp band night things tonight , always good for a laugh as you get to see all of the " not quite developed yet " new band egos come out of the woodwork , I'll be expecting some tantrums . Last year I was doing the grand final of one of those Rock-idol type events when the guy who came second spat his dummy out ( about coming second and missing that all important recording contract ? ) , anyway , so he spits his dummy ( pacifier ? ) out and then proceded to chase the promoter down the street and kick ten tons of shit out of him !! " I am better than the band that won , everybody knows it , me , me , look everybody , it's all about me !!! " So we all had to jump in and stop the fight , fukin hillarious .. Talk about a bad loser , bloody band egos ....

Ok , so I'm expecting some fun tonight , and if one of the bands doesn't quite cut it on stage , guess who gets the blame ? Yep , little old me ....

Note to all amateur bands : If you fuck it up on stage , Don't blame the fukin sound engineer coz , at the end of the day " I just make you louder , I don't play the fukin instruments for you OK " You doughnuts " ..

Allrighty ....

Sooo , thanks for the link from The Morning News .org yesterday , I got like 1000 extra visitors from that .. Cool !!

Boing Boing , watch out ...

Just what you need to go with your cornflakes and toast first thing in the morning , me ranting on and fukin swearing and stuff ... Good fukin Morning America !!! , how about a good fukin yarn with your maple syrup ?

Do I swear too much ? Yep , I swear too much !

Sooo , It's freezing cold in London today , so scarfs and jumpers are in order .. Oooof !!!

Hate the winter ... Too bloody cold ..

Right , people too see , things too do ..

And finally this : Police launch most wanted site and it gets 25,000 visits in five minutes .. Lets just hope the British public are about to unite and get rid of the Chav-Scum youth that plagues the streets of this country , those weapon carrying , back-chatting , happy slapping , rowdy bunch of little shits who have no fukin place in our society .. I had to defend a 90 year old man ( Yeah , you read it right , 90 years old ) on the bus the other day coz he asked some youth to turn down the hip-hop playing from his mobile phone ( Oh , your so fukin tough ) .. Yeah , you didn't back-chat me when I picked you up and threw you off the fukin bus did you ? Oh , I'm sorry , did you start crying .. Pussy !! You all talk about respekt ( sic ) ? Then why don't you respect the old people , you know the ones that fought for your freedom in the war etc.

And respekt the identity of the country where you were born , this is not L.A . you are not from Black American Hip Hop culture , your British and you should be proud of it ...

Speak to me only in the Queens proper English innit , dawgs !!

And if you ever tell me that you'll " Put a cap in my ass " as I throw you off the no.52 bus , I swear to gawd I'll ..........

Tossers !!

Rant over ...

Bye bye ...

9 Comments:

Blogger velvetbabe said...

londoncokehead---

you are a bit of alright & top!
not only for the bus gig you did--but for helping me on those wee objects down the side of my blog--

still can't get that moon right tho!

thankee,
& thanks for visiting mate
your american friend
valentine

ps: the biggest LA blog is going to link guess who & so, where I go, you go! xxoo!

(keep warm in freezing climes, it's that bird flu, no? that's the next big thing--o my god!)

5:17 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Coke Man -

I looked at that site - how exactly did it increase your traffic - where' the link?

Doom
xx

10:31 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

It was in thier headines for the 16th Nov ..

As it's now the 17th it's no longer there ..

2:51 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

That would be their headlines .. Oh , the grammer , the grammer !!!

2:57 am  
Blogger mcdolph said...

what, do they know about grammer? there just a load of kretins, write!

3:53 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

You're lucky that I am a genius.

http://www.themorningnews.org/archives/headlines/2005/November/16.php

why did they link you anyways?

Quite random - just a link with no explanation....

4:00 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

http://www.themorningnews.org
/archives/headlines/2005/
November/16.php

you have to CUT and PASTE the whole link to find it.

4:01 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

They link for love !!

8:09 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Velvet ... Coool ..

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home