Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Spot on swing .

Sooo ,

Last nights band night was a big band, yeah literally , a big fukin band . One of those 26 piece all bells and whistles swing affairs and they played Glenn Miller and shit .. Fukin fantastic !! I had the time of my life , bit of a pain to set up , but hey .. Totally worth all of the agro ..

They sounded absolutely fantastic , really warm and curly , a proper swang thang , and I thought I was off to do a couple of rock bands .. Welcome relief I'd call it ...

Anyway , I'm on stage adjusting a mic for the soloists ( These mics are loads louder than the rest so they can make solo saxes , trumpets etc. fly high above the rest of the band . ) The band leader comes up to me ( he's woried about the mic picking up and amplifiing the hid horn section when it shouldn't ) and says " Is that mic gonna be ok , can you switch it on and off between solos ? )

Me " No , don't worry mate , the mic's highly directional so it'll only pick up if you shove an instrument right in front of it "

Him " Errm I'm not really sure about that , I don't want the whole horn section to be really loud you know ? "

Oh , for fucks sake !!

Me " Look if it helps watch this "

So I clap my hands away from the mic ( hardly any sound ) and then in front of the mic ( loads and loads of sound ) .

As I clap my hands in front of the mic , the house lights go down and the whole fukin Audience stands up and starts to applaud ..

The fukin lighting guys asleep Innit !! and he's taken my clapping as a cue to start the concert .. Fukin doughnut !!

So here's little old me with a full audience , right in the spotlight , mid fukin stage , being applauded .. Oh fuck , what to do !!

So I just raise my hands and I'm like " Thanks , Yeah , Thankyou , errr , thanks very much , yeah , nice , love you all , see you next year , thanks again " , For fuck sake .... I exit stage left....

I get on the radio " Put the fukin house lights back up you fukin prick , we aint started yet !!! "

Him " What , ehhh , O yeah , right , will do "

Jeez louise , you just can't get the fukin staff anymore !!

Sooo , after that minor fukin hitch ( I kinda enjoyed the attention ) , we get underway and the concert runs really smoothly , all good ...

Idiot !!

So yeah , that was a lot of fun , a lot of fun indeedy .

So today I've been back in the studio finishing last weeks mix , all finished , all approved , all good , and tomorrow night is a fashion show with a couple of bands who are playing live as the models do the catwalk thing .. Yea , fit birds ( no brains though ) and rock music ... Errrmmm Ok , that'll do .

Haven't eaten yet so I'm going for a pint and a Thai Curry .. Yum Yum .

O yeah I wasn't at the Cross Nightclub the other night I was at the Key nightclub seemingly , who fukin knows eh !!

Listening to Madge : Confessions on a dancefloor , errmmm : I'm thinking what to write about this , I'll come back to it after my curry ....... A starter ... " How fukin dare you sample the Bells from Pink Floyds " Time " Jacque la fukin Cunt ??? you're not fukin worthy "

Update : After a long deliberation , I've decided not to say what I really think of this album apart from the fact that A. It samples ABBA and B. It sounds like somebody threw up a million quid on a mixing desk . The Madonna bits OK but she's just singing on it aint she , the rest is just a missmash of trance music ( which I hate ) and the odd Donna Summer ( I feel love ) Moroder rip off . And there's like far to much fukin top end on it , talk about brickwall mastering !!

Bye !

11 Comments:

Blogger what's_my_line? said...

Seems our "Goodbye to Charlie" friend has gone underground.

6:46 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Oh yeah ? It would seem so , O dear ... It's not east stuff to get off you know and he fucked it up on Sat night ..

But hey , if your out there take it easy mate :0)

7:00 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Hope his wife didn't find his blog or anything !!

7:02 pm  
Blogger what's_my_line? said...

On the other hand, if she did, and she is really in with him, then she can help the guy get off the C.

6:08 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

He's just emailed me saying that his giving his blog a rest for a while . There's reasons behind this that I do not fully understand , but , I'm sure there for the best ..

1:11 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Oh , and , he's back ..

2:10 am  
Blogger Grant Edmunds said...

neway pink floyd is shit 2 wank 2

hahaha

luv grant

1:21 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I don't know Grant , I guess you could "knock one out " to Shine on you crazy diamond if you felt the need ?

1:37 pm  
Blogger Grant Edmunds said...

no dosnt work

3:58 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Ok , I rest my case ..

3:00 am  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

I love the cross ive had many a gurn in there !

4:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home