Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Video Nasty !!!

Sooo , I was up until 5am trying to author a DVD for a mate , Never done it before so new territory for me ... Cracked it though ..

Apple DVD pro 4 + shake + Final cut pro + Compressor if anyones interested .. Try learning that little lot in one night .. Did it though !!

Conclusion : Authoring DVD's is a pain in the arse !!

I was trying to get two 50min + Music bits of video onto one disk . No easy task especially as it takes about three hours to compress the fukin video and if you get the settings wrong ( remember I was blind here people ) you have to start it all again ?? Sooo after last night I've got a fair understanding of the video formats of the world .. For fucks sake !!

Sooo , One DVD of two 50min bits of footage + Audio + title sequence + fades + menus = 18 hours of work ... Arrrghhh !!

And on my day off ??

Oh well at least it will be faster next time ....

Sooo , I have a band night tonight and I really can't remember which band night it is , nevermind I guess I'll just turn up and do it .. I'm hoping it's an easy one so I'm not gonna call in and find out it's like on till 4 in the morning ... If I'm lucky it'll be an 11 0'clock finish and I can be back home by 12.30 ... Hope so ??

So tomorrow I'm back at my home studio with my mate E ( just back from a summer in Ibiza ) remixing a band in the start of our winter of remixing decent bands for major projects ... We take well known bands and make em suitable for the dance floor for major labels .. That way the majors ( Sony , EMI , Warners etc. etc.) can keep all their angles covered as regards to sales ...

Good work as you get to put your own slant on some of the UK's top selling artists .. It's a lot of fun as you get to listen to just how badly some of these people can sing , play , get pissed in the studio etc. especially when your hearing them raw .... I never said B--- sometimes goes out of tune , did I , No !! I wouldn't say that , never in a million years !! Ooops , hold it right there , get the Autotune plug-in out somebody , that's it , all fukin fixed , there you go .. All happy mate !!

Ha !!

So yeah a full winters worth of top work , all good , all good indeedy !!

Ok , So I'm off out for some lunch and then I'm going to the gym and then I'm gonna go see what tonight has in store for me ?

Listening too : Depeche Mode " Playing the Angel " ... What can I say , Depeche mode ... I'm not worthy ... Great album , couldn't be anything else really !!

Et en conclusion, vous naughty naughty people de la France. to bed avec vous et aucun supper . Le spanky spanky pour vous !!!... le peuple de l'Angleterre se feel pour vous terriblement... Pas !!!

And also also : Record company's are turning record profits and paying the Artists less and less royalties so go fuck yourself's.. When you all pay me the fukin fortune I'm still owed from the 1990's ( enough to buy a new fukin house and then some ) then I'll consider not fukin downloading ... Greedy bastards !!

Ok , food , bye ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

you should have me an email - I went through this shit a while ago.

FORGET using comporessor.

All you have to do is use FCP to export a MPEG2 which pops straight into DVD studio Pro.

I would have been able to tell you the setting your needed.

ah well, next time.

3:25 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yeah , but you still have to render the bloody thing in FCP ... Pain in the arse really !!

It's done now anyway , so it is !!

12:47 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Umm Teen sex ..

12:52 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Err yes grant , I'll do that !!

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home