Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Free monitors rock !!

Sooo , Today I've been working in the studio with my mate B , He offered to swap my an amp he doesn't use and I wanted for a day of my time , so we had a nice relaxed day and got shitloads of work done .. Mad how when your not getting paid how the pressure drops off !!

Anyway , I signed off on an album the other day and I've just plugged this amp into my monitors and it's like Fuck !! I'm gonna have to mix this album again .. The sound is fukin astonishing but I suppose my other amp was getting on for a ten year old ... The difference is just not funny !!!

All good ..

Also , I bought a new pair of speakers the other week and emailed the manufacturers to tell them how pleased I was with the sound quality .. They are a new type of speaker so I was a bit worried at first on ordering them , but when I got em home and plugged em in , I think that it took about an hour to wipe the fukin smile off my face .. Soo I emailed the designers and told them just that .. Anyway I gets home tonight and the guy's left me an email ..

" Thanks for your kind words on our new product , can we use your name , what bands you mix and your comments in our new brouchure and on our website and we will chuck you another pair for free and give you any of our other product half price till christmas "

Errr ... Fuch yeah !!!

Soooo , fuck me ... All good , all good indeedy ...

More new speakers ... I'm gonna use em for my fukin TV ... Ha !!

Top day ..

Sooo , I'm doing bands Tomorrow and Thursday .. Tomorrows band is an easy one so I'll set them up and have a little drink-up I'm thinking ....

Right , I'm hungry so I'm off out for dinner .

Listening too : Kate Bush " Aerial " , This album is fukin awesome in the first degree .. She may be getting on , but she still sounds amazing .. I would kill to use her voice on a production ...fukin KILL !!!

Anyone has any desire to produce a record , listen to this one and take a leaf out of the " How it should be fukin done " school of record production .. It has everything a great record should have .. Top songwriting , beautiful mixing , a theme , a concept , well placed sound fx , very origional fukin ideas and even the four minutes of silence at the end for a bit of reflection and also to stop the next album coming on too quickly .. They really don't make em like this anymore ( well actually they just did !! )

Record of the year , no fukin competition ... In fact production wise name me a better one from this year ... I bet you can't !!

Right food mate , out the door we go ...

Bye ..

8 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

WTF? Why aren't people leaving comments for you?

I'll leave one for you.

There you go.

11:04 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I guess cos I put word verification back on .. Or they really don't know what to say .. Or they don't want to be associated ...

It's Ok though smartypants , I can see who views so that's all I need to know really .. Ha !!!

Thanks for caring though :0)

11:25 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I'm warning you. You can always tell when I'm in the middle of a writing stint. I get stuck at some critical point and circle blogs endlessly, endlessly, endlessly until I get past my writers block.

Look for me and know that I'm suffering through a few terrible moments waiting for the right words to finally come.

11:41 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Writers block .. What's that mate ... Live some , write some .. Easy !!

12:14 am  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I've got 25,000 words written so far on this manuscript. Sometimes I just feel...out of words.

Someone told me that I don't get drunk enough to be a good writer but I don't believe them.

3:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo....no hint as to who makes these new speakers? No link so we can check them out? Of course, if they're using your name as a reference how to tell us w/o releasing your secret id?

4:29 am  
Blogger Paige said...

That's totally awsome about the speakers and it makes me want to knoooow who you are even more! hee hee hee.

5:51 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

O dear Ty or dear indeedy ..

Always the way , the people you fancy are rarely the ones that fancy you and vice versa .. Story of my fukin life mate !!

12:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home