Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Vote Boat!

Sooo: I'm looking into buying this houseboat.


No really...I am!!

Remember a while ago my landlady was thinking about selling the house I live in, moving back to Ireland ( she's bought a farm there ) and then giving me a whole heap of cash to find her ( and me ) a base where she can come back to London twice a year for visits and basically I'll look after it the rest of the year.

We'll it's happened.

The house has been sold pending contracts etc. and I'm looking for a new place to live.

We both sat down before Christmas and came to the conclusion [that] because of the spiraling housing costs in London (I've been given £300,000 to spend and all I can find is ex-council shit holes and pokey little 2 bedroom flats with paper thin walls and no character wot-so-fukin-ever??)

Then... Why don't we look at the alternatives?

i.e. Houseboats?

I'm telling you London housing is seriously out of fukin control??

Seriously?

Yeah...let's go look at some houseboats.

Sooo... I am!

I'm going to view this one either tomorrow or early next week.

A bit of peace and quiet in the midst of London's chaos.

Pretty excited really.

So is the landlady.

It's got 3 good sized bedrooms, a large living space and office, modern shower room, brand spanking fitted Neff kitchen ( complete with oven, dishwasher, washing machine etc.) roof terrace , phone line, wifi, the lot really.

And...all with a bit of character.


It'll make a superb space for the studio with enough change ( we're thinking, ) to install a wind turbine and some solar panels for free electricity and hot water.

We'll see?

There's an awful lot to be taken into consideration and a lot of questions to be asked i.e. mooring fees, marine surveys, council tax situation, insurance etc. etc. etc. But all in all I'm kinda excited.

The good thing is that you can't get mortgages on these things ( doesn't matter if your buying cash ) Which kinda leaves you in leverage fukin city as far as deal negotiations are concerned.


All good.


Still... I won't count my chickens eh?

Also: Sorry bout the lack of posting of late. I was a bit down over the Christmas period what with the cold and the dark and the lack of parents + various other thing that are getting to me at the moment.

But... onwards and upwards as they say. New Year, new start eh?

Inappropriate children's books

Fail!

Laters

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Well technically you can - but it's called a marine mortgage and you only get about 25% of the total asking price. Just take a careful look at the mooring fees and the mooring agreement, as that will be the kicker on cost and not the cost of the boat itself...

OK will stop being dull now - it does look lovely. And you may have my mate T as a neighbour ...he's very quiet and writes sit coms for Radio 4.

4:53 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yeah I've heard it's all about the mooring fees, yet to find out the damage.

6:05 pm  
Blogger Joe said...

I can forsee a drunken tumble from the breakfast/dining nook down into the next room!

Step lively.

7:03 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

A friend of mine lives on a houseboat just near Regents Park near Camden, it's gorgeous, really lovely in the summer for sitting on deck. The mooring fees there are way cheaper than it would be to rent a flat.

8:05 pm  
Blogger Cind said...

If you have to live in London I reckon that's the kinda place to be so good luck with the barterin'.

New Year, new place.......the down can only get progressively up me thinks - keep yer chin up eh ;-}

9:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,i hope you see this and are able to reply.

Myself and two other girls want a major birthday celebration of our 18th's, that means loadz of people and loadz of alcohol. We also would love loadz of FOAM, but we really dont know what club would have us and where we would get good foam machines to hire from. PLEASE HELP.
Went to google and typed in 'foam party' to get started and ur blog came up.

my email address is urban_philosophy@hotmail.com
cheers

9:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.s. the houseboat looks chic and an alternative my anut and uncle chose 2.

9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home