Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, April 27, 2006

He shoots, he scores!!

Sooo, I managed to get that world cup tune mix thing out of the way.

Woohoo ceased, closed, compassed, completed, concluded, consummated, decided, discharged, dispatched, disposed of, done, done for, done with, effected, effectuated, elaborated, ended, entire, executed, final, finalized, fulfilled, lapsed, over, perfected, performed, realized, resolved, satisfied, settled, sewed up, shut, stopped, terminated, tied up, worked out, wound up, wrapped up, x-terminated, yanked, yobbed off, zoned, zilched... Thanks!!

Oh gawd, what have I done!!

Actually it sounded pretty good in the end, not at all cheezy and unlike that Embrace piece of shit ( which by the way has effectively put an end to their career with all the too cool for skool Indy kids!) yeah unlike that Embrace tune...It's actually about, wait for it, wait for it...fukin FOOTBALL!!

Woohoo there's a concept eh!!

Note to Embrace: Football tunes about football? I know it's a difficult concept to grasp but if you'd sat down and thought about it for five minutes, I'm sure even you would have worked it out lads.

What's that about eh?

Funny, we did this tune a couple of days ago and it has this huge monster bassline in it (as big as a house) I kept on switching Logic between the two mixes and that's why I was getting in such a tiz about it the other night. It was kind of on the one hand you have this huge breakbeat bassline tune , but on the other is this plain cheeze piece of shit football mix..

So I very nearly trashed it.

But...after much sawing and glueing and banging of nails and heads, I eventually managed to eradicate the cheddar elements and arrive at a pretty happening tune, so I think I've gotten away with it..

For now!!

I've sent it off to the all seeing all powerfull people on the top rung and I just need a mix confirmation and then I'm free haaaa ha ha haaaa ha haa (evil laugh) haaaa!!!

Haaa!!

Right, I'm gonna cook some food, Sausage Casserole a la me I'm thinking.

Listening to: Prince '3121', after 4 months of this album , I still can't make my mind up on it..
On the one hand you've got 'Te Amo Corazon' an outstandingly beautiful tune, but on the other there's some fukin horrid RnB rip-offs. It really hits the bottom for me with 'Incence and candles' which uses an Autotune effect on the fukin vocal which I absolute hate.

For those of you that don't know what Autotune is, it's a programme which can put vocals (or anything else for that matter) in tune, but if you push the parameters to the extreme you can get it to sound like a wank vocoder (think robot voice). The effect was first used on Cher's 'Believe' and then adopted by the RnB and 2step community and used on just about every fukin song going for nearly 4 years, It's got so fukin over used that it makes me wanna just throw the fuck up every time I hear it and for Prince to be experimenting with it on this album shows the guy is way out of touch, the leader has become the follower... Sad, real sad!!

Oh well, nevermind.

Right, food to cook.

Laters

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VX5v-S_jGD4

8:28 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Oh yeah, Stevie's the man..

8:38 pm  
Blogger Turtle said...

Okay, so...blind date? What's the shiggy?

11:00 pm  
Blogger Turtle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:00 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

A removed comment, intriguing, sinister even..Didn't even know somebody else could do that?

Oooooo!!!

The shiggy is she's been away so I haven't spoken yet, I'll make that call tomorrow, I'm kinda excited about it though..I know she's interesting coz she's away in Portugal with my mate T's girl and T has spoken with his girl about it.

I'm thinking dinner middle of next week with her, so I'll keep you posted..

11:13 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

No picture today, dear. I'm sorry.

However, glad to hear your angst is gone over the football tune.

I actually feel a little bit guilty about not putting a picture up.

11:46 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

And so you should, I don't know, you women, lead with one hand and then stab with the other..

Lol ;0)

11:50 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Well, with that British accent, ask me nicely and you never know...

::grin::

3:54 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Tee hee!

10:09 am  
Blogger Turtle said...

Well keep us updated on how this World Cup tune ripples later on.

7:35 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Will do!

4:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home