Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bugger!!

Sooo, I've gone and got myself involved in a World Cup tune, trouble is, I really couldn't give a fuck about the World Cup, or this tune for that matter..

I'm sure I'll get in the spirit of things when it kicks off in the summer, but for the moment, I really don't give a toss.

Ok..so what if this tune breaks, the money would be great?

Fuck the money, it's useless if your kudos and self respect and peer respect has been flung in the back of a novelty football net!!

Eg: Say the producer of Badiel and Skinner ( Three lions on yer shirt or whateverthefuck ) walked into my studio and I was introduced to him, would I have an ounce of respect for this guy? Fuck no!!

Hmm!!

I'm staring, one eye on the file folder and one eye on the waste bin..

I'm just not into the idea, I've already told the party responsible that I'm not interested, but it's a bit more complex than that. He wants to do it and has already said yes, and the other parties are worth buttering coz they run festivals and shit, but I just fukin don't want it to do well. I feel like I'm being pushed into a corner... Not good.

If it blows up, It'll cause more fukin damage than it's worth.

If I do a crap job (which is what I'm thinking), it'll cause more fukin damage than it's worth.

If I knock it, it'll cause more fukin damage than it's worth.

Hard drive failure anyone?

Imagine always being known as the guy who wrote that football tune??

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Anyway I started this project today and it's sounding good, almost too good ( for what it is )

But damn it, I wanna bin it badly..

Even if I don't put my name to it, other people get excited for you and the shit spreads your involvement like margarine on a bonfire..

Perpetually hanging from the noose of a novelty fucking football tune..

I'm better than that!!

Much better!

Of course if England win the World cup it'll be another story, but if they fail it's double wammy time at the alter of doom, a big fat novelty tune that's always gonna be associated with England's World cup failure..

No fukin thanks!!

The phrase " You'll never work in this town again," springs to mind..

Soo, I'm actually writing this down so I can get a full grasp of the situation and, what I write, I can regurgetate while defending my corner later on..

Tossy bollocks toss..

I've never sold out in this industry, so why fukin start now..

Right, waste bin.

Oh wait, hang on..

That'll just cause more problems.

Fuckety fuck..

Fuck it!!

I'll keep you posted..

On a more positive note, I've just done a couple of blinding remixes for the label.

Bollocks!!

Fuck it.

Laters

12 Comments:

Blogger pop renaissance said...

E! E is for Engerland!!

havenae heard one decent cup tune. as much as i love new order, that tune did my head in in more ways than one.

12:23 am  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

That is an interesting situation...

do you really consider it 'selling out'?

the only way I can understand it is by putting myself in the position of being offered to shoot the video -

which i suppose for the video director wouldn't be considered selling out. because the video is a different thing altogether. and we have to do all kinds of shit to make money.

But I still wonder - is writing a world cup song 'selling out'

COS everybody jumps of the bandwagon - advertising, product placement, sponsorship and the like.

hmmm. a interesting scenario.


oh yeah.


if you do it.

Tell them you know a guy who can shoot the video for them!

and it will cost losts!

12:00 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

*LOTS - cost LOTS.


i am an idiot.

12:00 pm  
Blogger what's_my_line? said...

Sounds like a bit of a gamble, will they win or lose? Will it rocket, or fizzle?

Loads of people gamble on the Cup, bud. Seems to me you have laid down your bet.

Break a leg, I hope it works out.

2:46 pm  
Blogger Smartypants said...

I know nothing about World Cup tunes, darling.

Whatever happened with the girl you went out with on the blind date?

(Yes. I'm a girl and it's a girly question.)

3:48 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Blind date girl comes back from holiday tomorrow..

I kinda can't wait..

Cost lost, sounds like a chain store.

Ummm!!

4:05 pm  
Blogger sigh9 said...

ahhh...can't wait...that's sweet

(picture of kittens)

jealous, moi?

4:28 pm  
Blogger d'you know what i mean said...

sound like you have yourself pretty worked up over this one. fucking make the best tune the lot have ever heard, that's really all that needs to be done here.

10:37 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I wish it was as easy as that mate.

But it just aint..

11:06 pm  
Blogger d'you know what i mean said...

i was hoping it was that easy for you, but deep down it seems like a tough choice for you. follow your heart.

1:41 am  
Anonymous tilda said...

Dude, go for it good luck.
It is in no way selling out to be looking out for yourself trying to make money, it will be being pretentious if you don't. Plus the world cup is an amazing platform to get recognition for, and they dont really do videos and such so your not really selling out.
It's not like your doing top of the pops or anything shudder worthy like that.

good luck. :)

xox

3:44 am  
Anonymous tilda said...

videos the artists in them, or with you dancing around in speedos i mean *

x

3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home