Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, October 28, 2005

Fridays Rant ..

Sooo , Yesterday afternoon my landlady knocks on the door ...

" Can you help me my PC has crashed ? " ..

Me : " Yeah no problem I'll come down in a moment "

Well fuck me ... I gave up on PC's about 12 years ago and know I fukin know why !! " ..

Although I know my way around them , I don't care too own one ...

Anyway , I have never in my life had such a fukin pain in the arse job to do , no wonder PC engineers get paid so much fukin money !! "

And this is supposed to be a good PC .... HP Compaq dc5100 Microtower PC thingymajigy !!!

Age , about four months ...

Now I've done my time as an Apple Mac engineer when times were hard and it got me money when I was learning how to do the job that I do now and I can safely say that I can get any Apple computer no matter what the problem ( apart from hardware failure which is very , very rare ) up and running within 40 mins , period ..

But this thing ... fuck me !! , and I was only re-installing the fukin system software !! , Jeez louise talk about user unfriendly..

Yes I know about software restore , but that wouldn't fukin work far enough back OK

Windows XP takes about 35 mins to install it's software and it took it Six fukin goes just to do this simple task ...

It had a tendancy to fukin jam up after about half an hour , it would just sit there doing fukin nothing , always on a different bit of the install , always right at the fukin end of the job in hand ...

I nearly threw the thing out of the fukin window at one point ...

And yes , I have an I.T. degree so I know what the fuck I'm doing before you say ..

I've configured 150 node Mac server systems in less time than this shit took to install one fukin operating system , and that's including doing all of the fukin subnet calculations ....

And no it wasn't the install CD , I had two copies to hand ...

I'm not kiding you , PC's are going backwards , not forwards ...

Anyway , I gets the thing up and running , all good ...

Hard disks intact , all programmes working , half a ton of spyware , addware , virus shit removed, it was even trying to connect to the internet thru a Proxy server in Fukin Russia , ( My landlady does her banking on this piece of shit ?? )

So I gets it all going when ... Bam it crashes again ... Fuck me !!

Another hour of backwards software restoring later it's working again ..( turns out the anti spyware programme was crashing the system ... Ha how fukin ironic !! )

But... Every time I try to do something the damn thing tries to connect to MSN instant messenger... Fuck off Bill Gates , when I want to connect to MSN , I'll fukin tell you , you don't tell me !!

And after every click of the mouse ( closing windows etc .. ) the thing would hang for a second or so .. This would drive me completely fukin insane , It feels like the processor is straining to take a shit after every mouse down ? , I could feel myself muttering the words " Come on mate , you can do it , Big push for England !! " .. If I'm working I like things to be silky smooth and not like I'm being dragged through fukin gravel ...

For fucks sake !!!!

So we finally call it a day at 11 pm , 10 hours ( minus a trip to the dentists approx 1hr ) after I'd started ...

Ladies and Gentleman .. Computers are supposed to be a tool to help in our daily lifes , not the other fukin way round ..

Sooo Bill Gates , thanks for the free lesson in Windows XP computer problems ( I could go out and get work on todays information alone mate ) , but I'll stick to my Apple Mac thanks very much , No nonsense , virus , adware , spyware free , plain old computing power does it for me ... Every fukin time ..

For those of you about to explode into the Mac versus PC argument ... Don't even bother , in fact try this for size ..

G5 = 180 track of 24 bit audio bouncing down + playing a film + downloading bit torrents + updating my mobile phone with bluetooth all at the same time and it's still fukin running ..

Or for all you music bods out there .. Logic Audio Pro running 40 tracks of 24bit Audio + 32 exs24 inst's + 6 convolving reverbs + 10 compressors + 12 stereo delays + 24 other effects ( inc.. Phazers , Multi-taps , limiters , flangers , pitchshifters etc. etc.) = 80 % processor load ... And if you don't believe me I'll email you the screen shots ...

PC versus MAC ... No comment , I really don't feel the need to justify my case ... Today told me all that I need to know ..

I have a life !!

Hmmm !!

Rant over ...

Anyway , I have a big night ahead , so I'm gonna go and do my thang people ...

And for all those who keep asking , Yes I sleep , but only about six hours a night ... There's far too much life to be livin , and If Margaret Thatcher could've run a country on five hours sleep a night , I can damn well run a life on six !!



Also check out this new browser It let's you blogg directly from it's front page and you can also drag and drop pictures straight into a post and resize them etc . When all the bugs are ironed out this will be the best browser on the market I reckon , it's totally the future for bloggers ... Way cool !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger ty bluesmith said...

blogging is dead.

4:07 pm  
Blogger LTNA said...

Couldn't agree more! Never bought a peecee in my life, and have been using Macs since way before they made them look cute, back in the days of the Apple II GS!

8:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home