Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Units united!

Last night we had a record label meeting down the pub and after a couple of beers it inevitably went tits up before the final fence... Oooof!

Everybody was down the pub though, so it was a top laugh (from what I can remember anyway?)

I arrived back in the house in the wee small hours of this morning completely sloshed and I kinda stood by the bedroom door waiting for the bed to come around!!

I'm still waiting for the studio to cool down after our recent British mini heatwave (sooo fukin hot!) , then I can think about doing some work from home. It's not really a viable option bying air-con in England as we get like 10 hot days a year here, the rest of the time it just pisses down with rain.

Ok, tomorrow I'm taking Aussie bird out on a date, not sure where yet? She says she just wants to go to the pub so who the fuck am I to complain. It's kinda my second home anyway! Funny we were in the pub the other night (no suprise there then eh!) and one of my mates had one of those recomended healthy drinking pamphlet thinggies, you know the one's where you convert you alcohol intake into units and then compare on the chart thing.

Ok sooo, things we found out:

  1. The chart doesn't go high enough
  2. In theory I should have no liver left
  3. There's actually 3 units in a pint of Stella and not the half unit I'd always convinced myself there was ( I kinda knew, but hey!)
  4. Me and my mates could be used as an extreme field study test group
  5. The chart still doesn't go high enough
  6. We should all definitely get a cab home ( no exceptions, you know who you are!!)
  7. The little 'so how drunk are you then?' games, are a lotta fun (fell over twice, or was it three times?)
  8. We all should have a private ambulance on standby.
Are we proud?

You bet your little ass we are!!

Sooo, this is interesting from the BBC in the Mac vs PC wars, actually as far as the Mac vs PC thing goes in my book, there ain't even a war , or an argument. It's pefectly clear where my loyalties lie and no amount of counter-convincing or stats or tech bullshit will un-convince or prove to me that your PC can run my G5 off the road. It just ain't gonna happen, call me a mac snob or whatever, but at the end of the day I'm producing records and building sites and doing art and music mastering and film editing and photo editing and writing and watching films and watching TV on a machine that never says no...ever!!

You wanna spend your whole life, installing and uninstalling and defragmenting and patching and fixing and updating and scanning and waiting and waiting and waiting....then buy a PC.

You wanna do some professional work...Buy a Mac!

What the fuck's a virus??

And that's that really.

I wanna be in this band!!

Laters

9 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

I'm totally switching to a G5 as soon as I can pay up for one. Mac-attack, here I come!

10:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bit late, but I just wanna say thank you for recommending Thom Yorke's new album. After reading yr post I downloaded it online and I absolutely love it! What a find, mate :-)

10:25 am  
Blogger Tony Play said...

Its Macs all the way baby. I have to use a PC at work and hate it, feels so good to get home and get on a real computer. Bill Gates shouldn't be such a greedy bugger and make people want to screw his products

2:08 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Agreed!

2:36 pm  
Blogger Turtle said...

well doesn't that all come down to the development philosiphy? Windows allows such open development of 3rd party software so that just about anyone with the knowledge can write a program for a PC. However Apple is a bit more closed in that respect, less 3rd party development, and less instability and viruses.

7:07 pm  
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

I haven't told you how awesome you are lately.

Let me remedy that.

You are awesome.
Cheers mate,
Atlas

9:19 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Cheers Atlas, your awesome too!

10:43 am  
Blogger Tony Play said...

Its like a big love fest in here. Group hug anyone?

12:33 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yep it's like one big happy fukin family!!

12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home