Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Are you mad mate!!!

Sooo, I'm sat here tearing my fukin hair out!!

Ok, the club runs this shitty indie student night on a Sat, it's been going for 4 years and it's run it course, the numbers are down, the promoters (who pay the club fuck all in rental) are becoming arsy and it kinda just needs killing off.

I have and never will have anything to do with this night cos basically I don't like the music or the DJ's or the promoters.

Anyway, I'm talking to a mate of mine the other week and telling him about the venue and he's like " Right, I'm coming to have a look at this place!"

He comes down, like what he see's and decides to put a one off night on.

Sooo, this one off night turns out to be for DJ Sasha!!

Fukin...woo the fuck hoo!!!

For those who don't know, Sasha is like the worlds no.4 DJ, the kid's a fukin legend and the last time he played in London at a proper event was maybe 5 years ago, so you can imagine the gravity of this night. We're talking huge numbers, massive bar take, full press kit, the fukin works.

But... And it's huge but (just like my American ex's ass) the venue manager won't do it coz he's scared of losing his stupid pony Sat night promoter??

Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

I'm chewing a fukin brick here!

Double arrghhh!

Soooo, I've put the feelers out for a new Sat night promoter and my phone ain't stopped ringing, fuck these stupid indie kids, it's about time we had a decent Sat night.

And a heavyweight promoter.

Means I'll have to work Sat night as well, but what the fuck, it's all money in the bank.

I've just gotta convince the venue manager now that if he looses the Indie twats, it won't be so bad.

Fuckin 'A'

Pulling my hair out!!

Still too damn muggy to work.

So I'm not.

Blagh!!

Guess I won't be working as a DJ for Radio One anytime soon then!!

Laters

7 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Show him the numbers. What that Sat night indie gig has pulled in for the last month or two, and compare that to one night with a heavy act like DJ Sasha. Plus the potential for heavier sat nights once the word gets out on this.

7:35 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Believe you me, I've tried!!

It's a total no-brainer as far as I'm concerned, but this guy isn't connected in the dance world so therefore has no idea who Sasha is.

It's sooo frustrating!

7:42 pm  
Blogger headphonesex said...

what a load of crap that 'dj list' is though.

top ten gay trance djs perhaps/


No Erol Alkan??? I mean that says a lot.

10:11 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Yeah, I agree from a music point of few,and I think that DJ's command far too much respect I mean after all they just play fukin records?? But I guess that list still is what it is, as much as we think it's all bollocks!

Soo Band charges £2500 to go on stage, Dj charges £5000 and plays bands tunes... rubbish bollocks rubbish!!

11:02 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

"Why don't you put some of your tunes on your page?"



It's called anonymity darling!

12:07 pm  
Blogger Memento said...

DJ Sasha is cool. But I haven't heard his works for quite some time now.

I like your blog, Mr London Cokehead.

12:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, a club manager in London refusing to put a gig on for ol' AC cause of an indie night.

what has this world come to.

as for Sasha just 'playing records' tis tis tis. :p

good luck. everyone involved stands to make a killing if it goes ahead.

nice blog.

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home