Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Minimal day ..

Sooo , That was the shortest working day of my entire career ?

Finishing the music to new TV car programme thinggymajigleatron ...

Got to the studio at 12 am , for the dreaded producer client ( TV director person ), meeting ..

I prepare a couple of edits too present , half expecting the guy to start saying , " could we do this , that , the other to this , you know a bit of woosh here a little bang there, a zooommmmsplickensharrp on that bit mate , make it sound a bit more Moby/Nine inch nails / Pink Floyd / Massive attack on that bit can you !! " ..

But O no , how wrong I was !!

Soo , anyway I've got half the tune playing and in walks the client ...

Him , " Whats that , that sounds amazing " ..

Ummm that's half the track playing mate ..

Me : " O it's just the incidentals for your show " .

Him : " No No No Nooo , That's it , That's the theme , that's the vibe , that's the cool , that's the magic !! "

Ok , errr that's a half fukin finished bit of fukin music that's what that is ?? "

Him : " It's saying minimal , it's saying speed , power , nitrous oxide , turbocharger , spark plug "

Fukin spark plug mate , where the fuck did that one come from ??

It's also saying one guitar line and a crash cymbal with a click track you doughnut !!

Him : , ( really excited at this point ) , " That's it , burn it to CD , you've cracked it .. "

I do as I'm told ...

Mr client heads back to his office at lightspeed to play it to the Marketing Team ... All outrageously overpaid marketing Phd's ..

Length of meeting : Approx 10 mins ..

Ok ?

So I'm sat outside the studio drinking coffee in the sun waiting for the , " yeah it's ok , but it needs a lot more work " call !!

Phone rings , here we go then ..

Client .. ( screaming down the phone ) , " I love this , the marketing people love this , the producer loves this , the editor loves this, even the cleaners dog loves this " ..

Errr Ok , I guess less is more then ..

Him : " Yeah we'll be putting loads more work your way , speak soon , toodle pip " ..

Toodle fukin what ?

Ok , PhD = PHukin Daft !!

Total length of working day : 1 hour 20 mins ...

It's 3 pm and I'm back at home ..

Great , I'm off to enjoy the sun and scratch my head a lot !!

Confused ..

Bye ..

Fall ' Will not delay CD '.... Well fuck me that's a relief , had myself all worried and shit !! ...

10 Comments:

Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Impressive.


Total fucking accident.


Creativity?

You're a creative GENIUS.


Doom
x

4:16 pm  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

audio blog that shit....i need some new mellow commercial grooves to drive around like an advert to.

cheers on successes...hollywood a line for we canadians.

4:59 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

There's a whole album coming , and a website ..

All free ..

Hold your horses ...

It'll be done in a month or so !!

5:51 pm  
Blogger Paige said...

I know I've said it before but really! London Cokehead you're my fave read on the internet hands down. I always giggle way too much when I read you.

And yes, I want to hear the song tooo!

I am a fan of the not working as well, much more relaxing this way. ha ha.

7:50 pm  
Blogger LTNA said...

PhD = PHukin Daft !!

Phukin right! Never saw the blog before today. Dope shit. Will be coming back on the reg. Nong.

11:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope and pray for a work day that goes like that... but the powers that be obviously hate me!

Here's to still getting paid the same, no matter how long you actually do work. That would be BOSS!

Pip to you.

12:39 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I wish every day was that easy , actually come to think of it I love my job so it is ..

12:52 am  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

"if you choose a job you love, youll never work a day in your" (some guy, some time)

awe

6:14 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I'm hearing that mate ..

7:40 pm  
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

And once again, I'm reminded that I'm in the wrong business.

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home