Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, March 31, 2008

For my friend Miss Digga.

I'm gonna keep this short because, to be honest, it's too difficult for me to express in words at the moment.

Yesterday we gave a final send off to our beloved friend Marie. Beautiful service...for our beautiful friend. Huge turnout of people. Marie was obviously known and loved by many, many people and I think I can speak for all of those who attended when I say that there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

A very very sad day...

But also a wonderful day of celebration, laughter, tears and a day I'll never forget.

It's a shame you weren't there Marie ( although, of course, you probably were ) at 5:30 in the afternoon, in the upstairs room of the pub where we were all having a sing-along, the sun decided to show it's face for the first time after many, many months of a dark long winter and completely lit up the room.

Was that you dear?

It reminded me of your smile

You brought us the first day of Summer kid, you really did, but hey! That was just you all over.

Anyway I'm gonna stop now cos I'm finding it too difficult to carry on.

Rest in Peace Miss Digga. We love you babe.

For you


xx

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I never quite know what to say, words seem so pointless. My thoughts are with you.

5:34 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

My thoughts are with her family to be honest. Such a tragic loss for us all... in so many ways.

6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday was beautiful. Just as it should have been.

It still doesn't make sense. Doesn't make sense at all. She would have been getting excited about the summer festivals now.

So many broken hearts, but I really think Marie would want us all to go on and shine - just like she showed us how to make the sun shine on Sunday, we should all learn from the whole experience and move on to a better, clearer, place - in her honour. Otheriwse her death will have been in vain.

My thoughts are with her family now. They're the ones who will ache forever.

Rest in peace Beauty.

xx

2:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP Digga.xx

3:13 pm  
Blogger Nicey said...

Sunday said it all, the people, the faces .... The Masons Arms was warm with the sun and the thoughts of you in our memory's.
RIP Digga

8:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone in the UK...Thanks for your thoughts of Marie 'Miss Digga'. It is some comfort to know how much you all loved her...I hope that her memory will live on and that her short life will be remembered.....Love to you all... Maries Mum XXXXXX

10:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone in the UK.
Thanks for all the nice thoughts about Marie. It is so hard to realise that she has gone, but she will not be forgotten. I was in London in September 2007 and met some of her friends and realised why she loved the London scene so much. It is much comfort to know how much you all loved her. We shall remember her.
Love to you all Marie's dad.
Graeme

11:53 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

To Maries mum and dad: your daughter made her mark on all of us, she will never ever be forgotten by those who loved her.

If my life means half as much as hers did... then ( I feel ) it'll all have been worth it.

Marie was one of those souls you meet ( occasionally ) who gives all and expects nothing in return.

I'm so sorry for your your loss. I really am.

But... she will always be with us.

As she is now.

Your daughter was one in a million.

Rip Marie

xx

12:57 am  
Blogger Jem said...

Thoughts go out to her family...

What happened, mate?

8:33 am  
Blogger Sean Parker said...

Good to know about your friends.
compare stansted parking

6:52 am  
Blogger Sean Parker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:00 am  
Blogger Jason Martin said...

She will be always alive in your heart.
cheap parking Luton

7:04 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Many months of a dark long winter and completely lit up the room.
airport parking Manchester

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home