Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, December 08, 2006

Venue progress and holiday tornados

Sooo, More on the Christmas bollocks front (thanks Anon for the link), this PC shite is really getting out of control.

Funny, I used to have a flat on the road where this happened yesterday...

Ok what's new? Well the final architects plans are being submitted for the new Live venue me and my mate S are spec'ing. Although I'm a little concerned that because of fire regs, the FOH (Front of house/mixing position) has to be 7ft off the floor to allow for escape routes. This concerns me for two reasons:
  1. Bass is like heat, it rises up into a roof and gets trapped, in other words, the ceiling of a venue becomes a nasty bass trap, therefore if the FOH position happens to fall within this bass trap region, the whole venue design is fucked!! What you can't hear, you can't mix! I've worked in venues like this and you might as well be mixing the band with a bucket over your head. It might be ok coz we can actually tune the sound system to compensate, but, it might not, and it's a huge fukin might not.
  2. If the FOH is off the ground, it won't allow good access to the stage in the event of something going tits up i.e. a mic stops working mid gig or the guitarist catches fire (seen it happen, don't ask!) But as long as the communication between FOH and monitor desk engineer (on the side of the stage) is ok, it shouldn't really be a problem, shouldn't being
    the key word here?? Ho hum...
So yeah, plans are being submitted, people are gearing up, birth of a new venue. Don't worry, I'm gonna pic document the whole process in a seperate blog.

What else, we have a huge night at the club tonight and then tomorrow I'm doing the annual directors kiddies Christmas party that me and JB do. I wrote about it last year here if anyone's interested.

One of my record label partners B is off on his holidays today, lucky bugger is doing China, Australia, Vietnam and Indonesia I think. He has the life of blood Riley, he Dj's all over the world and if he wants a holiday he just rings up a club where he's going, books himself to DJ and then gets on a plane and goes. Lucky bugger then has himself a free holiday anywhere in the world and comes back with a shit load of cash to boot!

Why the fuck don't I DJ anymore??

Right, I have a club to run, so I'm out the door

Laters

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Smartypants said...

I heard there was a tornado.

I saw one in college. A few years later, I was in the shower when I heard on the radio there was another very near my house. I remember thinking, "please God. I don't want to die in my shower alone and naked."

12:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home