Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Holy Paotto!

Sooo, I'm doing this gig the other night and it's like, five thrash metal bands, not my favorite, but I like any kind of music really and it's always good ( for a live engineer ) to know how to tackle any kind of band head on. Anyway, this kid comes up to me and he's like, "Can I put my iPod on between bands mate" and I'm like, "Sure mate!" This is kind of a relief for me as I have like zero thrash metal on mine, my best effort had been Nine Inch Nails and somebody was complaining about it coz it was too mello?? So this kids ipod on shuffle was doing the trick.

Sooo, as the bands are changing over I toddle off to the toilet. I return to the sound booth and there's this crowd of metal types giving me really stange looks and I'm like, "What??" I'm just about to go over and say something when out of the sound system blasts (excuse my pronunciation, I'm using one of those translatory thingymajigamies )

"How much are the oranges please?"

"Cuánto es las naranjas satisfacen?"



"The oranges are 1 euro 20 a bag"

"Las naranjas son 1 euro 20 un bolso"



"Two bags please"

"Dos bolsos satisfacen"



What the fuck??

The ipod kid comes running over and he's like, "SKIP THE FUCKING TRACK!!!"

Turns out this kid had been learning Spanish and his iPod has gone and shuffled right to his 'Learn to Speak Spanish' lessons....

Funny as fuck!

I didn't stop laughing for like 5 mins, I'm still giggling to myself as I write about it.

Playlists son...Playlists!!

Fukin doughnut!

Talking about Spanish (well Colombian) people, DJ Paotto (anagram of potato) is getting a lot of action on the Myspace thing. If you missed the last post DJ Paotto (anagram of potato) is a made up Colombian trance DJ that I invented just for a laugh. I can see this kid getting fukin signed, oh dear, what have I gone and done!

Oooops!

Anyway, we have a label meeting tonight (Down the pub of course) So I expect it to turn into carnage..

Oh dear, here we go again!

I like these, Hmmm!

They're nearly as good as these

But this guy takes the star prize.

Oh look, I've just blaspemed, I'd better go and join these guys for a right ole religious knees-up??

Get a fukin life!!

Please, no religious flaming (if you're a muslim) in the comments section, I really can't be arsed!

Laters

2 Comments:

Blogger london cokehead said...

You know Chewy, I was just thinking that!

8:34 pm  
Blogger roxyfoxy said...

your soooo funny ! i think i may buy the knife block would look good in my new kitchen !

6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home