Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Charts are dead...Long live the Charts!

Sooo, we all know ( well at least I do ) that the British Music Charts have been dead for a long time no thanks to the Simon Cowells of this world basically butchering them for there own personal gain, so it was a breath of fresh air to read the other week that all digital downloads are to finally be included.

It's about bloody time is all I can say!

We can expect it all go pear-shaped as more and more older artist release back catalogue, such as a top ten full of beatles songs etc.

No doubt that the majors will kick off as they can no longer fix the charts via their stupid TV talent shows and various bullshit marketing techniques, but only time will tell if this turns out to be a good thing for music?

I stopped following the charts along time ago as it means nothing to me anymore. It had become a benchmark of; 'What's Shite about British music' and unless you had a huge marketing budget, you just weren't going there. The internet had changed it all a bit in the past four or five years, but it was still 80% homogenised (sic) shite that was floating on the surface.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) it's all about to change.

Not thaty I really give a fuck

The British Music charts are dead...long live the British Music Charts!

I think there should be two charts: Shit Music chart...Decent Music chart

lol

Sooo, I'm back in the studio today finishing off our labels first mix compilation. We're on release No. 10 at the moment (each release has had two or three different mixes on it) , so we thought that it was about time to put together a compilation of DJ mixed tracks, so I pulled out the ole Ableton Live programme and I'm playing DJ.

For anyone who hasn't used Ableton ( Err probably all of you!) it's a pretty cool programme for doing live DJ'ing and post production of mix albums etc. Although I still prefer Logic Pro for actual music composition ( no competition really ) I'm even considering buying a laptop and a controller and DJ'ing or taking the band live with the thing.

Who knows? It does seem like I'm throwing away a possible large source of income if I don't though??

So yeah, today I'm in the studio playing DJ all day.

Life sucks eh!

What else? Not a lot really, I can hear the landlady shouting at the Eastern Europeans again ( hope they're not thinking about seriously trying to stay??)

Just fukin do us all a favour and fuck the fuck off will you!!

I'll go downstairs in a minute and lend my support.

Actually I'd better go now...

Freecycle givaway of the day: I HAVE 2 AFRICAN LAND SNAILS THAT NEED TO GO TO A GOOD HOME! THEY ARE ABOUT 18 MONTHS OLD & ARE COMPLETE IN A SMALL TANK. SADLY MY DAUGHTER HAS LOST INTEREST IN THEM.

lol

Laters

1 Comments:

Blogger mp3blogger said...

Let's stop listen this unreal charts they don't listen our opinion. Come in my blog where we can make our chart together everyone will give his/her vote. I will be happy to hear your ideas. bloggermp3.blogspot.com

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home