Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A blast from the past !!

Sooo , So this is interesting ...

When I first started blogging in April , I wrote this story about this guy who I used to work with up until I lost my parents , read the story ; It just goes to show what dickheads people can be in the music Biz .

Ok , anyway , I'm on the train to work yesterday afternoon and I get a call on my mobile . The following takes place in real time ... Ha !!

Bring Bring ( mobile ringing sound ... ) .... Bring !!

Me : " Ello . "

? : " O hey ... it's P "

Me : " Who ? "

P : " It's P , remember we worked together a few years ago on all those adverts and stuff "

Of course I fukin know , but am I letting on... Am I fuck !

Me : " P ... Oh yeah mate , how r u ? "

P : " Yeah .. Fine , I got your number from T , I've been trying to get hold of you for ages "

Now , this could be true coz I frequently change mobile numbers to " Weed out the chaf " as one would say ..

Me : " Oh yeah , what can I do you for ? "

P : " We really need to meet up as I owe you some royalties from all those adds , not a fortune , but not to be sniffed at , or up ! Haw haw , either . " ... Ha , Funny as fuck that joke mate : I pissed myself !!!

Me : " Ok .. let's do lunch and have a chat then mate "

P : " Ok , my P.A's away till Friday but I'll get him to ring you and set a date "

Me : " Ok "

A few formalities followed .... End of conversation .... Click !!

Now , this is interesting .

I'm all one for receiving money that I'd forgotten about ... Actually I remember fine well that he owes me money ... But : Sometimes I'd rather miss a few quid than " Deal with fukin shit that makes yer fukin blood boil " ya know !!

So , I'll go and have dinner and be his best mate for an evening because " I like a bit of fukin sport now and again " it's " really good for the soul " .

I'm just wondering though , " Why the fuck ? After all this time ... No really mate , What the fuck do you fukin want ? "

So , anyway .. I'll go and I'll keep you all posted ...

Ummm .... I'm intrigued

And does my leg still hurt..... Yes it fukin does !

And is it still cold in London .... Yes it fukin is .... Freeeezing cold .

Ok , It's late .. I'm going to bed

Bye .

8 Comments:

Blogger what's_my_line? said...

I definately want's something. If it were just a case of paying what he owes, he could just as well post you a check or something. Gonna have a nice bottle of wine on him too, M8?

4:32 am  
Blogger velvetbabe said...

LC!

missed you!

glad you are OK! o my god! & the bit about the drinks? It's a club!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is this prohibition?

i thought that was just here! o my god
it's London! it's pubs and clubs
it's musicians, fuck? what are they up to?

LOLOLOLOL! but alos not!

xxoo!
valentine

you be careful you lot in the streets like that!!!!!!!!!!!

4:57 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

Oh yeah , he definately wants something ...

Could I bite my lip and work with this tit again , I don't know .. the money was fabulous .

10:54 am  
Blogger Locket said...

WML's right. You don't need to waste your time having lunch with some prick and toss false niceties back and forth.

Get him to send you a cheque... and then get a new phone number.

Prick.

12:32 pm  
Anonymous expat_in_Nice said...

add another American woman to your fan club!

Sadly, I have yet to find the hook-up here and I must get vicariously high off of your posts...

I've gone from being productive certified cannabis using patient to whatever is the opposite of that - I haven't even caught a whiff of the stuff since moving to Nice and you just know there has to be every drug imaginable here...

Well, enough tears from me - just writing to say I love your writing and enjoy all your comments on music (technical and otherwise) - at least the alcohol here is excellent...

1:58 pm  
Blogger ty bluesmith said...

he wants to work with you again

8:00 pm  
Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer....

Rekindle contact with this chap - but control the relationship.

6:39 am  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I hear ya ... After much delberation , I'm thinking that I'll hear this guy out , But i'll be hard pressed to work with him again .. In fact , I'm pretty much done with advertising ; I never have and never will get on with advertising types ..

But , will I be lured back by the money ?

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home