Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Does this shit only ever happen to me ???

This happened a couple of years ago ...

Soooo , i'm in the studio recording vocal's , i'm tired , the singers tired , it's been long day ...

I'm hungry , so I go and get some fish and chip from the chippy , I return to the studio ..

I make a cup of coffee , get on with the job and put the food and drink to one side ...

But ( and it's a big but ) , I've put sugar on the chips and salt in the fukin coffee ...

So after about ten minutes of recording , I see the now luke warm cup of coffee and instead of sipping , take a big gulp ... The fukin salt hits the back of my throat and I projectile vomit the coffee from my mouth and involenteraly throw the rest of the coffee from the mug ...

A disaster then unfolds !!

The coffee splashes all over the ( very very expensive ) SSL mixing desk , it's power supply , a B4 ( organ ) rotary cabinet ( full of high voltage valves ) , and a 4k power amp ...

A couple of seconds pass ..

Sizzle , sizzle , flash , KABOOM !!

The valve's fukin explode , the mixing desk shorts out , the power amp shorts out , the studio fukin shorts out , the fukin ( get this ) office shorts out , even the main building power brakers fail and fukin trip out ...

Complete fukin blackout ...

FOR FUCKS SAKE !!!!!


I hear a muffled little squeek from the vocal booth ( the door's been left open ) , now in complete darkness , " Ooooo !! "

Outcome : Desk 8 channels fucked , power amp blown , B4 rotary cabinet fucked , Hard disk fucked from the surge ( vocals session completely lost ) , office and building OK once maintanance arrives and reset the brakers ...

A very very expensive cup of coffee !!

Note to self : Do not put salt in your fukin coffee mate , ever !!

Jeez Louise ....

3 Comments:

Blogger LeeLoreya said...

you know i thought those wild spitting outs of disgusting food/drink only happened in cartoons.

how were the sugared fries?

"note to self: never wait til you're tired and famished to get food and burning coffee."

I know this note, it was a draft I read when you "accidentally" invited everyone into your little private blog board heheh.

9:09 pm  
Blogger london cokehead said...

I wondered if you would have read it ! , guess that answers the question ..

9:33 pm  
Blogger Al said...

ouch! that sucks!

black coffee, mate (preferably out of a french press). It's the only way to fly...

6:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home